Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Here are a few trivia questions which I've circulated to friends (including, as you might infer from the questions, several with Yorkshire connections) . I'll publish answers after 3 January.
Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year!
1, This week England collapsed losing 5/13 and almost a Test match. It hasn't been the worst collapse in first class cricket so far this month. Who lost 5/9 and also the match?
2. Also this month which team won a match by scoring 1/445 in the fourth innings?
3. Which Yorkshire wicketkeeper once scored a half century when opening the batting for England?
4 Which Yorkshire wicketkeeper's autobiography was called Taking It From Behind ?
5. Which Yorkshire wicketkeeper also played professional soccer for a Football League club?
6. Who was the wicketkeeper who captained England and played for Yorkshire.
7. Did the Wigan goalkeeper who was in goal during his side's recent 9- 1 drubbing by Spurs hold his place in the team afterwards?
8. Who played in goal for 4 Football League clubs and bowled for 4 counties?
9. Who, in the last decade, has opened the batting and bowling in the same Test?
10. Which country has never fielded a Test player named Johnson: (a) England (b) India (c) New Zealand (d) Zimbabwe?