Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I must

Look at what happens when I go overseas for a few days: England win three games on the trot, against New Zealand by 14 runs to get them into the finals, then, to my, and I believe many others', surprise a last over four wicket win against Australia followed by a second victory in a rain affected game which required recourse to the Duckworth- Lewis method.

As coverage in Singapore was almost zero I'm not able to comment further, though the remarkable turnaround in England's form has made me wonder whether my presence in Australia had acted as a jinx upon them. Joking aside, I congratulate the England team on its success and will eat humble pie for a while. Australia now has some challenges facing it as it prepares for the World Cup. More about this anon.

No comments: