Thursday, March 01, 2007

First day of autumn but heat still on South Australia

After a long break first class cricket resumed in SA today. 1 March is, by some calculations (mostly I suspect by people who've never lived here) the first day of autumn, even though the temperature, as it has done every day for the last month or so, again rose over 30.

I intended to go to see if South Australia could lift its game against Tasmania, but when I heard the news of the yet another batting collapse quite frankly I couldn't be bothered. Tasmania (2/149) have already taken first innings points and look like, unless SA does a Lazarus, coasting (I'd have said surging had not President Bush appropriated this term for his own purposes), to an outright win. I will try to get to the game for a while tomorrow.

Scorecard

No comments: